Friday, October 22, 2010

Real Work Conversations: Zombies

Okay, so... one of my co-workers is a huge fan of horror movies in general, and zombies in particular. I mentioned that I changed the background on my desktop to a zombie theme for Halloween, and she responded by showing me her background, which was Michael Myers (of the Halloween film franchise).

"Michael Myers," I said. "Nice. And still kind of a zombie, even. Admittedly, a little more intelligently malevolent than the usual sort..."

Co-worker 2, from the next cubicle, says: "But how can a zombie be intelligent?"

There's a momentary silence.

"Well," I tell him, "I'm about to launch into a forty-five minute discussion of the metaphysical underpinnings involved in rising from the grave, and I don't think any of us need that." There are murmurs of general agreement. I continue, "The short version is: it depends on why they came back."

I love my workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!