Friday, June 3, 2011

Word World Goes Poof

A little while back, I did a post on the children's show World World, in which I explained - among other things - why I probably ought not to be allowed to watch children's programs. (If you're unfamiliar with Word World, take a moment and read that post - you'll need the background for what come next.)

I think Firstborn is the same way. His brain just... goes places.

A couple of weeks ago, he's riding in the car with his mother, and says - out of nowhere - "I think in Word World... if you took the letters for 'nothing' and put them together... they'd turn invisible."

Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense - but I'm guessing there aren't many nigh-five-year-olds out there who are concerned with the existential ramifications of a world where everything that exists is composed of letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!