Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Reflections on Reunions and Extended Families

I'd forgotten how much I hate flying. And before you ask, yes: there are other ways to travel. I could have just taken myself to Montana through the place of mists, for example. Squeezing myself into another plane of existence where I'm little more than a patch of mist would still be more pleasant than dealing with the TSA. So why didn't I go that way?

Mainly because Kate asked me not to. Since she's my mentor, and my main connection to the Elders, that isn't something I can just blow off. And she gave me some pretty good reasons, too: I've just spent... call it a year... in a completely foreign setting, being something so completely inhuman that after I got back I basically had to learn how to think all over again. There's no guarantee that that experience didn't affect my ability to travel through the place of mists. And even if the ability is intact, it's probably not a good idea to try that sort of transformation when I've only just gotten my mind back together.

So I took an airplane, and went Montana, and met with Claire's parents... and, as it turns out, most of their clan. The arrival was

Oops. Kate is here. I'll have to finish this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!