Thursday, April 18, 2013

Personalized Torment Plate

I don't normally think much of personalized license plates. I mean, sure: if you have a bit of extra money, and that's how you feel inspired to express yourself, well... don't hesitate on my account. But it's something that I don't really get. That may be because I tend to see cars not as vehicles for self-expression, but as vehicles for, um, vehicling.

That said, I saw one this morning that I really did think was funny:
If you can't make that out (it was a rainy morning, and I was taking the picture at a stoplight), someone has taken the "T For Texas" custom license plate, and made it spell out TORMENT... on their Pontiac Torrent.

I have no idea, of course, whether this represents a private protest against having to live in a state run by the likes of Rick Perry, whether it's simply a complaint about the car, or whether the owner is a hardcore Planescape fan. Whatever the case, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!