Saturday, March 8, 2014

Further Adventures in Minecraft

I just went back into the living room to find Firstborn typing something into the PS3 (using the very awkward on-screen keyboard that works with the game controller), while Secondborn helpfully suggests letters that have nothing to do with whatever Firstborn is trying to type. So I said, "Secondborn, let Firstborn pick his own name."

At this point, Firstborn informs me that he isn't actually typing in a name. Instead, he's creating a sign. More specifically, he's creating the inscription for a gravestone for his dead dog.

He finishes this explanation about the time he finishes typing, so I look... and sure enough, his Minecraft guy is standing in front of a gravestone... and the gravestone says:
R.I.P.
Rough
Rough, it seems, was the name of the dog. Rough, it seems, fell into the lava and died. Firstborn, it seems, has created an entire grave, complete with headstone, for Rough the tragically deceased Minecraft dog.

This is not creepy at all, except for the part where OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING, CHILD, ARE YOU ACTUALLY PUTTING FLOWERS ON THE GRAVE YOU JUST CREATED AND WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?????

I have no idea. I think I'm just going to nod my head and back away slowly from this one.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh so much.

    My daughter actually came into my Minecraft world (yes my world, not her own one for her messing, my world for my serious grown up play) and made two graves for my two dogs, which she witnessed die defending me from one of the many monsters.

    After she made the graves, she then made me (yes she actually made me) attend a funeral service for them. The graves are still there, on the grass between my house and the water and I dare not remove them because I know full well what would happen and it would not be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good. So it's not just me, then. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!