Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's up with digital pricing for movies?

Recently, I thought it might be fun to pick up John Carter, since I haven't seen it yet. I thought I'd get a digital copy, if it was reasonably priced, since we're trying to keep the clutter down in our house...

$19.99. iTunes wants $19.99 for the HD version, or $14.99 for SD. Amazon Prime wants $14.99.

That's insane.

I can buy the BluRay + DVD combo pack brand new for $13.25 -- or just the DVD for $9.95. That's right, it actually costs less to get the same movie on a physical disk, with physical packaging and probably a printed insert, than it does to buy an electronic copy.

How does that make any kind of sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!