Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blurb for a book that will never be written...

This is a story idea that popped into my head last night, and clung to me all through today -- that is, through being nauseatedly sick and into Day Two of the The Ticketing Server Upgrade From Beyond The Grave That Just Wouldn't Die. It will never be written, because I do not have the time or the focus to write books, no matter how much they appeal to me or how much I'd like to see them actually written.

...But just in case I ever do get the chance, here's the blurb -- and enough material that I could chart out the associations that have been playing round in my head all day:
Shanna woke up to find her parents dead, her sister going into shock, and her own heart... not beating. Now she has to hide her death - or fake her life - well enough to take care of her sister, come to terms with her new condition, and navigate the dangerous politics of the hidden places where the dead still walk. Some help would be welcome, but not when it comes from a mysterious benefactor who may very well be the same man who killed her... or anyone else in his household, living or dead.

There are all sorts of dead, you see, and all sorts of ways to be dead when you just aren't ready to lie still.

3 comments:

  1. That's a shame. It sounds like it would be a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell it's a good idea, because I kind of hate you for having thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. And, Paul - I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacts that way.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!