Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tech Support Forever

One of the great difficulties of working in Information Technology -- at least, in my workplace -- is that you're never not part of the help desk. It doesn't matter if your official job only involves working on one or two specialized applications, people will call you for all kinds of computer-related problems. (Or, for that matter, sometimes just for technology advice in general, e.g. "What sort of tablet should I buy?")

I mean, all I wanted to do was get a fresh cup of coffee, but in order to reach that grail-shaped coffee pot I had to fight through a horde of error messages, defeat a bulk email setup, and consult the Cell Phone Oracle on behalf of a postulant.

Some days it's just not safe to walk down the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!