Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lovecraftian Deities

I'm involved in a discussion group that centers on the works of H.P. Lovecraft. (This should surprise exactly nobody.) In the group, someone devoted a thread to discussing the dark and uncaring deities of the Universe. Well... you know where my mind went, right?
Children. Children are the dark and uncaring deities that rule my Universe. Though they drain away my time, my money, my health, and my sanity, I return to them with new offerings and new incantations: "Zil'thub mo nthrish," [1] "Efalghar b'thwineth sha lemmlun," [2] and "Kazurath ib alkin xu, wan korda vobas ikthrish." [3] For me, there is no hope, no life. There is only my unending servitude to their dark and awful glories.

[1] "I beg your dark majesty to eat your green beans."
[2] "I will sacrifice my feet upon these Legos if you will just go to sleep."
[3] "By what fell rites did you conjure that horror into the toilet? My soul weeps in agony and despair."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!