Thursday, February 18, 2016

What? Where? Who?

I've been a little out of it for the last couple of days. Actually, I suspect I've been "a little under the weather" (i.e. quite sick but in massive denial about that) for the last couple of weeks. So, after spending Tuesday home sick -- officially, as it were -- I've made it a point to just work on necessities and get a lot (a LOT) of sleep. This has been... instructional.

Did you know that when people sleep, they have dreams? I seem to have forgotten that. I mean, yeah, sure, weird dreams -- like the one where the mysterious cat was going around freeing children from the influence of some sort of ogre (or something) that had taken a place in the local school, leaving me and a woman to collect the newly-released kids and try to keep them safe from the rest of the town, which was still under the ogre's influence. But, yeah. If I sleep deeply enough and long enough, I not only have dreams; I remember them.

The Beautiful Woman is going out of town this weekend, so I'll be a single parent temporarily. Still, I think I'll be okay if I can just stay focused on my two goals: sleep and laundry, in that order.

2 comments:

  1. You have kids. How likely is it that you'll have time for either of those? Okay, you might get a load or two of laundry done when the kids are napping or distracted since that can be mostly left unattended while it runs (the joys of modern tech), but don't expect to have time to fold it.

    As for sleep, I expect it would be like dealing with my cat. The boys will want attention when you least want to be disturbed. And since there's two of them, they'll take turns. Cue Samuel L. Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the laundry part is coming along... maybe not the sorting, but at least there's clean stuff somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!