Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Poem For The Inauguration

There was a bit of a kerfluffle recently when The Independent published a poem celebrating the inauguration of Donald Trump and many people mistook for something that would actually be read at the inauguration. The poem was, of course, comprehensively terrible, but I really don't think we should let that stop us. After all, the President-Elect and his team are reportedly having an embarrassingly difficult time getting anyone to perform at his inauguration. I think it behooves us, as American citizens, to step in. I think it falls to us, as patriots, to submit our own poems for the inauguration.

I have a modest example here:
There once was a fake billionaire
Who had very strange orange hair
He managed to win
By a slender margin
So thirty million folks lose healthcare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!