Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Nature Cat

So... Secondborn is watching Nature Cat in the living room. Nature Cat... puzzles me. I'm still unclear about why he sounds like Robin Hood, for example. But in this episode, Nature Cat appears to have gotten lost... while hiking... in nature. And, in fact, Nature Cat frequently seems to know almost nothing about nature at all. Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think that Nature Cat may be the least aptly-named feline in the modern world.

I feel like there should be some backstory here. Like, maybe Nature Cat was an ordinary suburban housecat until he accidentally got outside and stumbled onto some sort of ancient temple? And then this Voice says, "You have returned to my altar. You shall be my representative. You are now... Nature Cat!" And now Nature Cat has this vital quest to complete even though he's completely unqualified for it on almost every level?

I dunno. I never saw the pilot episode. But I feel like that's basically how it should have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!